For years, Jagex Ltd. has offered Runescape‘s players small ways to alter the drop-rates of desirable loot. Today, however, the company has taken a new approach to giving players agency over their profit-making.
A project started by Mod Timbo during the February Game Jam, this update radically changes the ways players can improve the loot from monsters and other situations. Old items such as the Luck Potion have been updated, but new items, such as the Luck of the Dwarves ring, have also been included. These items now modify the player’s Luck, which comes in four tiers. Each of these tiers provides bonuses to different aspects of the game such as the drops from Slayer monsters and Clue Scrolls. For precision of information, the table has been copied from Jagex’s website;
- Level 1-50 Slayer monsters
- Easy clues
- Giant Mole
- Increased chance to access the rare drop table
- Level 51-80 Slayer monsters
- Mining Gems
- Jewelled statuettes and tradeable Sceptre from Pyramid Plunder
- Opening Shade chests
- Flash Powder Factory rubble searching
- Medium clues
- Chaos Elemental
- Kalphite Queen
- Exiled Kalphite Queen
- God Wars Dungeon 1 (not Nex)
- Dagannoth Kings
- Increased chance to access the rare drop table, and to receive better loot from it
- Level 81-99 Slayer monsters
- High-level skilling:
- Rare drops from Elf City pickpocketing
- Increased chance of Black Ibis outfit
- Improved loot from kingly implings
- Improved chance of Sceptre of the Gods
- Hard clues
- Queen Black Dragon
- God Wars Dungeon 2 (not Telos)
- Kalphite King
- Corporeal Beast
- Further chance to access the rare drop table, and to receive better loot from it
All Slayer monsters
Elite clues, and lower
- Angel of Death
- Rise of the Six
- All lower-tier bosses
Yet further increased chance to access the rare drop table, to receive better loot from it, and to receive certain unique drops.
The items which provide these bonuses, and the bonus they provide, are listed below, also taken from Jagex’s website.
Ring of Luck
- Level 15 ring stats (+3 to all styles, no armour)
- Tier 1 luck enhancement
- 11 Crafting, 7 Magic
- Silver bar, cut lapis lazuli, ring mould, water rune, cosmic rune
- Note that while this item is only craftable by members, it can be bought and used by free players.
Ring of Wealth
- Level 40 ring stats (+10 to all styles, no armour)
- Tier 2 luck enhancement
- 55 Crafting, 68 Magic
- Gold bar, cut dragonstone, ring mould, 15 water runes, 15 earth runes, cosmic rune
- This is the existing ring of wealth, with new stats and its luck effects updated to the new Tier 2 set.
Ring of Fortune
- Level 50 ring stats (+13 to all styles, no armour)
- Tier 3 luck enhancement
- 72 Crafting, 87 Magic
- Gold bar, cut onyx, ring mould, 20 earth runes, 20 fire runes, cosmic rune
- Takes the place of the Ring of Stone in the Crafting skill.
- The existing ring of stone is unchanged, but is now a drop from TzHaar and TokHaar.
- The requirement to cut onyx and make an onyx ring is now 72 Crafting.
Luck of the Dwarves
- Level 60 ring stats (+17 to all styles, no armour)
- Tier 4 luck enhancement
- 91 Crafting, 87 Magic, 107 Invention
- Gold bar, cut alchemical onyx, 20 earth runes, 20 fire runes, cosmic rune
- This new item requires a new material – alchemical onyx – created via the Invention skill.
Existing Luck Items
- When uncharged, the collector’s insignia imparts tier 2 luck benefits.
- When charged, it imparts tier 3 luck benefits, with charges that deplete with every kill, skilling action or clue.
- It continues to grant its other benefits, such as increased Agility XP.
- The existing potion now imparts tier 2 luck benefits.
- At 77 Herblore, it can be combined with 6 onyx bolt tips to make an enhanced luck potion, which imparts tier 3 luck benefits.
- Works as a tier 2 luck item.
Lucky rabbits foot
- Works as a tier 1 luck item.
Source: Jagex Ltd